Over the past ten years there has been an exponential increase in the amount of hours we all spend watching online videos. The projections for 2017 is that by the end of the year, online video will account for 74% of all online traffic. What’s more, recent polls and surveys report a considerable increase in video marketing budgets at both small and large agencies. Suffice to say, it has become absolutely necessary for any digital marketing agency to change tact and warm up to video marketing if they want to stay on top of their game.
It was reading this article: http://www.insivia.com/27-video-stats-2017/ that made us want to outline why Ampology believe video is such a critical component of a successful marketing campaign. Before you read on take a look at a recent example of a video production project that we managed and delivered for GSL Power in Exmouth.
Video Production by Paul Foster from http://www.tempomediaproductions.com/
What does online video marketing entail?
Basically speaking, online video marketing involves making use of videos to market your brand and the products and services you offer. Most agencies incorporate the use of online videos to help make their online marketing campaigns stronger.
The primary reasons why you can’t ignore online video marketing are:
- Billions of people spend their time watching videos on the big platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- YouTube currently has a little over 1 billion users, meaning if you have videos on YouTube you have a better chance of getting your message relayed to a much wider audience.
- With each passing year there is a consistent increase in the number of hours that people dedicate to watching videos online.
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a an online store.
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best return on investment (ROI)
Steps to building a successful online video marketing campaign
Don’t let the glamour of online video marketing fool you into thinking that it’s an easy task to undertake. On the contrary, you might find it to be challenging as it often involves putting in a little bit more time and work than other forms of content.
The steps we take at Ampology to develop a successful online video strategy include:
- Laying down a clear vision of what you want your online video to accomplish. This often entails defining a purpose, laying out a storyboard for the video and identifying the target audience.
- Liaising with a video production company that can help create your videos.
- Adding the videos to the major platforms and creating landing pages on your website to increase conversions and keep visitors on your site for longer periods of time.
- Adding your videos to emails to boost click through rates.
- Incorporating your online videos on your product or services pages to increase sales conversion.
- Making adjustments to the content that is relayed in your online videos to accommodate the various platforms that you want to use to distribute your videos.
- Ensuring that you have captured all your key points in a short yet precise video.
- Ensuring that you have covered the education bit as well as the entertainment and engagement bits in your video.
- Adding a little sparkle to your videos by inspiring emotions, brand loyalty and engagement.
- Making your videos invoke an action from the customer.
What makes Ampology Digital the best agency for your needs?
Most times when we approach a company with the intention of doing business with them, the question of why we are better than in-house video production often arises. Well, apart from being a digital marketing firm that has hands-on experience in the craft, we also happen to have an undying passion for video and photography. Some of the video content creation services we offer include:
- Setting up a YouTube or other online delivery channel for your business and optimising it to ensure that your brand and content is well presented.
- Planning and creating videos for you and handling all aspects of the video creation and distribution process.
- Optimising your online videos so that they are indexed and ranked by major search engines to ensure that your customers can easily find your content.
There has never been a better time to get into video marketing than now. If you want to take your company to the next level and widen it’s reach, then online video marketing is one of the hottest digital marketing techniques we offer at Ampology.
Get in touch to discuss how your business can use video to a fresh drive your marketing campaign, while increasing sales and brand awareness.